Thank you for your interest in joining on of our orchestras!
FALL AUDITIONS will be held at Friendly Street Church in Eugene on Monday, September 16th between 4:00-7:00 pm. Click HERE to sign up and we will contact you with your assigned time. For Financial Aid & Tuition Assistance information – click HERE.
These auditions are for:
- Returning or new students who were ill or out of town during spring auditions.
- Students recruited in order to fill needed positions.
- Students who have recently moved into the area.
Results will be posted by September 18th. If you are placed in one of our orchestras, please fill out the registration materials on the corresponding orchestra page. Rehearsals begin Sept 23rd.
ESYO Audition and Parhttps://esyorchestras.org/programs/forms/ticipation Policies:
Attendance: Your presence at rehearsal is very important! Regular attendance is essential for maintaining the continuity and quality of your orchestra.
Eligibility Requirement: ESYO works closely in collaboration with local schools to support a well-rounded musical experience. We expect our student musicians to be enrolled in their school music program if one is available. For the 2019-20 season, exceptions to the policy will be given to high school students whose only option to take band/orchestra class is during zero period. We will also continue to review individual exemption requests through a committee of board members who will maintain student confidentiality. Please read the full policy here.
No re-auditions: Once a student has auditioned and is placed in an orchestra there will be no re-auditions.
Remember: Auditions are not meant to stress students out! Prepare your solo carefully, know your scales, and you will be fine. Everyone is nervous, but our goal is to place each student in the ensemble that will give them the best musical experience.
- Audition Steps:
Step 1 – Sign up for an audition online.
Step 2 – Practice required audition materials – click here for a list. Although auditions are not specifically designated by orchestra, you should prepare for the orchestra you would like to play in next year.
Step 3 – Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time
Step 4 – Make sure you bring two copies of your solo music for the judges.
- Come to the SEHS band room, purple door on the SE side of school.
- Check in at reception table.
- Fill out and SIGN your audition form and bring it back to reception table.
- Wait for someone to lead you to warm-up room.
- When you are called, take your audition form and 2 copies of your solo music to the judges.
Step 5 – Look for results of auditions, which will be posted by Monday, June 17, 2019.
Step 6 – If placed in one of our orchestras, fill out the registration materials on the corresponding orchestra page on our website by July 31.
CLICK HERE for a USEFUL TIPSHEET!
- Feel free to dress up a little for your audition. Although it is not required, it can help some students feel ready for a performance
- Play music you are comfortable with and best displays your skills.
- Practice sight-reading before your audition. Materials will be on the less difficult side.
- Practice your audition in front of family and friends. This can really help with nerves.
- Have 2 copies of your music for the judges.
- Introduce yourself and your selections before you play.