Many thanks to all of the incredible youth musicians who auditioned for the 2020-21 Season! Results are posted here: Audition Results for 2020-21 Season
FALL AUDITIONS: There is still room for you in our orchestras! Watch for the September date of our fall online auditions. See below for steps to prepare.
2020-21 Season: ESYO’s 87th season will look different than in the past to ensure everyone’s safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet our online rehearsals will keep students engaged and playing – with challenging orchestral music and a variety of musical opportunities. We will continue to provide a unique and valuable musical experience for all orchestra members, using a combination of online sessions including professional coaches, sectionals, studio classes, visiting artists, educational extras and recording techniques! We look forward to meeting in person as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, students will work toward a virtual performance that showcases their abilities and their orchestras!
Music has always been an important source of inspiration, healing, and connection, but we believe that is particularly true right now. ESYO is pleased to be able to serve our community at a time when music education is perhaps more important than ever before in our lifetimes. We look forward to making music with you in this historic 2020-21 season!
- Step 1 – Sign up for a fall audition online. Sign up form coming soon!
- Step 2 – Practice required audition materials – click here for a list. Prepare something that best shows your skills.
- Step 3 – Look for an email with your time slot and the ZOOM invitation link.
- Step 4 – Please join the ZOOM call 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time, to make sure the auditions transition from one to the next smoothly.
- Step 5 – Wait for your registrar to invite you into the call to start your audition.
- Step 6 – Introduce yourself, and the scales and solo you will be playing.
- Step 7 – Look for results of auditions, which will be posted by Friday, June 19, 2020.
- Step 8 – Registration materials will be available on the corresponding orchestra page on our website and are due by July 31.
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for audition requirements.
- Thank you!
AUDITION SCHEDULES (based on grade in Fall 2020)
• Thurs., June 11th, 9am-1pm: Elem/MS Violin
• Thurs., June 11th, 3pm-7pm: Elem/MS Viola, Cello, Bass
• Fri., June 12th, 9am-1pm: MS Winds, Brass, Perc.
• Fri., June 12th, 3pm-7pm: HS Violins
• Sat., June 13th, 10am-2pm: HS Viola, Cello, Bass
• Sat., June 13th, 4pm-8pm: HS Winds, Brass, Perc.
Remember: Auditions are not meant to stress students out! Prepare your solo and scales carefully, and you will be fine. Everyone is nervous, but our goal is to place each student in the ensemble that will give them the best musical experience.
CLICK HERE for a USEFUL TIPSHEET!
- Feel free to dress up a little for your audition. Although it is not required, it can help some students feel ready for a performance
- Play music you are comfortable with and best displays your skills.
- Practice your audition in front of family and friends. This can really help with nerves.
- Introduce yourself and your selections before you play.
ESYO Participation Policies:
ESYO works closely in collaboration with local schools to support a well-rounded musical experience. We appreciate and value the daily instruction and rehearsal offered in musical ensembles, which provides a wealth of benefits for student musicians. We strongly encourage all ESYO musicians to be enrolled in their school music program if one is available.
Attendance: Your presence at rehearsal is very important! Regular attendance is essential for maintaining the continuity and quality of your orchestra.