Auditions for the 2017-18 season will take place at South Eugene High School (SEHS) and are scheduled for:
STRINGS: Tues. May 30, and Wed. May 31, 4:30-8:30pm
WINDS, BRASS, PERCUSSION: Mon. June 5, 4:30-8:30pm
- Sign-up sheets available at orchestra rehearsals starting 4/17
- General public may sign up beginning 5/2 by calling the office at 484-0473.
ESYO Audition Policy: Once a student has auditioned and is placed in an orchestra there will no re-auditions.
Limited Fall auditions are available in the following cases only:
1. Returning or new students who were ill during spring auditions. (These students will be placed on fall audition list at spring auditions.)
2. Students recruited by the conductor in the fall in order to fill needed positions.
3. Students who have recently moved into the area.
Step 1 – Sign up for an audition time
- For those who are already members of an ESYO orchestra please sign up for a time at your regular rehearsals.
- For those who are not currently members of the orchestras:
Please call the ESYO office at 541-484-0473 beginning May 2, 2017 to sign up for an audition.
Step 2 – Practice required audition materials – click here for a list. Although auditions are not specified for each orchestra, you should prepare for the orchestra you would like to play in next year.
Step 3 – Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled time for the following.
- Come to the SEHS band room, purple door on the east side of the building.
- Check in at the reception desk.
- Fill out and sign an audition form.
- Wait for someone to lead you to warm-up room
Step 4 – Be ready to be taken to your audition room 2-3 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time.
Step 5 – Results of auditions will be posted HERE in the week following the last auditions (by June 12).
Step 6 – If you are placed in one of our orchestras, please fill out the registration materials which will be available on our website or through the ESYO office.
- Please be on time! Arriving early enough to be well prepared for your audition.
- Feel free to dress up a little for your audition.
- Play music you are comfortable with and best displays your skills.
- Prepare your scales carefully.
- Practice sight-reading before your audition.
- Practice your audition in front of family and friends.
- Have 2 copies of your music for the judges.
- Introduce yourself and your selections before you play.
- Complete the required paperwork and turn it in before you leave.
- Eligibility Requirement: musicians in ESYO orchestras must also participate in their school band or orchestra program, if there is one at your school.
- VERY IMPORTANT! Make sure you understand the commitment you are making. Attendance requirements are strict, and very important in order to maintain the continuity of the orchestras!